Andrew’s releasing an interview series and Sean’s looking at PM tools
In this episode, we talk about newsletters, product management and feedback tools, and security communities. We also touch on Irvine’s crazy sunsets, Detroit’s EDM scene, and the connection between lawyers and legal pads.
(0:27) Irvine's sunsets are crazy and Detroit's EDM scene is wild
(4:50) Andrew's kicking off his interview series Product People
(7:41) Sean is a fanboy of Return on Security
(10:20) It's not all about the VC outreach
(12:19) Product Management is such a weird industry
(19:50) There aren't many good online security communities for intermediates
(23:47) There's a difference between having a fan base and having a community
(29:01) Sean hypothesizes the history between lawyers and legal pads
(31:52) Making or finding the perfect feedback tool: easier said than done
(36:42) Our Small Efforts
Thanks for listening to Small Efforts, a podcast collaboration between Krit and Miscreants. Shoutout to the Hatch Team and Mary Vuong for producing and editing.
- Information on Peerlyst - https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/peerlyst
- Product People: https://www.krit.com/newsletter
- Return on Security: https://www.returnonsecurity.com/
- User Snap: https://usersnap.com/
- 0x00sec - https://0x00sec.org/
- Andrew's Twitter: @AndrewAskins
- Krit: https://www.krit.com/
- Miscreants: https://www.miscreants.co/
- Sean's Twitter: @seanqsun
- Hatch Team: https://www.hatch.team/
For more information about the podcast, check out https://www.smalleffortspod.com/.