Andrew has a new cat and Sean is still looking for a Project Manager
In this episode, we speculate on why there are so many security company names that start with ‘S’ and talk about hiring and referrals. We also talk about Andrew’s new cat, working with people outside your niche, and attribution in marketing.
(0:29) Andrew’s cat, Po’ Boy’s, new friend: a cat named Danger (work-in-title)
(2:49) Security Companies: Why so many ‘S’ names?
(8:12) Hiring Notice: Sean’s still looking for a Project Manager
(10:56) Hiring Notice: So, Sean’s really looking for a Producer/Project Manager
(14:36) Getting referrals for Design People from Tech People isn’t the greatest
(17:05) Andrew and Sean really appreciate Mike Privette (Return on Security)
(22:02) Broadening Horizons: When do you work with people outside your niche?
(26:41) Having an outside perspective in an industry isn’t always a bad thing
(30:37) Hot Take: Attribution in marketing isn’t very useful
(35:13) Our Small Efforts
Thanks for listening to Small Efforts, a podcast collaboration between Krit and Miscreants. Shoutout to the Hatch Team and Mary Vuong for producing and editing.
- Andrew’s Twitter: @AndrewAskins
- Krit: https://www.krit.com/
- Miscreants: https://www.miscreants.co/
- Sean’s Twitter: @seanqsun
- Hatch Team: https://www.hatch.team/
- Bureau of Digital: https://bureauofdigital.com/
- Home Repair Lab: https://www.homerepairlab.com/
- Mike Privette: @mikepsecuritee
- Rethink: https://rethinkcanada.com/
- Return on Security: https://www.returnonsecurity.com/
For more information about the podcast, check out https://www.smalleffortspod.com/.