Andrew wonders how fast is too fast, and Sean’s cold and stressed in LA
In this episode, we talk about the problems with running a company remotely and think about how fast is fast enough. We also talk about making soundtracks based on interviews, remixing and repurposing old content, making companies more transparent internally, and billing for people’s time.
(0:27) Andrew has a cat named Stevie Nicks, and Sean’s cold and stressed in LA
(3:17) Krit has officially launched one of its non-security clients
(5:47) Sean’s New Pitch: Soundtracks based on interviews
(8:27) Remixing and Repurposing Old Content: Why build from scratch when you have a foundation?
(11:22) Running Remotely: How do you make your company more transparent internally?
(16:50) Sean might be hiring another PM!
(17:59) Speed: How fast is too fast?
(23:58) The Secret Key to Speed: Managing your client’s perception
(29:18) Selling full-time equivalents is similar to selling timeshares of someone
(36:56) Project management is mad important, and so is billing for it
(44:48) Building structure in your org is like building a product
Thanks for listening to Small Efforts, a podcast collaboration between Krit and Miscreants. Shoutout to the Hatch Team and Mary Vuong for producing and editing.
- Andrew’s Twitter: @AndrewAskins
- Krit: https://www.krit.com/
- Miscreants: https://www.miscreants.co/
- Sean’s Twitter: @seanqsun
- Hatch Team: https://www.hatch.team/
- Koshercart: https://kosherkart.com/
- Krit’s interview with Jose Nazario: https://www.krit.com/blog/finding-signal-in-unstructured-data-with-jose-nazario
- Latacora: https://www.latacora.com/
For more information about the podcast, check out https://www.smalleffortspod.com/.