Underrated (and overrated) product design tactics
In this episode, Andrew and Sean play a game to see which product design tactics Andrew thinks are overrated or underrated.
(0:25) Andrew and Sean are going to play a game
(2:57) Microcopy: the little bits of texts that can make a huge splash
(7:48) Accessibility: it’s just good design
(10:18) Andrew wants tooltip walk-throughs to burn in Hell
(14:05) Not all product analytics is created equally
(20:03) Why do people have a customer support robot when it takes hours to get a response?
(23:19) Documentation is more scalable than customer support, but most people suck at it
(32:47) Andrew’s quick correction
Thanks for listening to Small Efforts, a podcast collaboration between Krit and Miscreants. Shoutout to the Hatch Team and Mary Vuong for producing and editing.
- Andrew’s Twitter: @AndrewAskins
- Krit: https://www.krit.com/
- Miscreants: https://www.miscreants.co/
- Sean’s Twitter: @seanqsun
- Hatch Team: https://www.hatch.team/
- Growth.Design: https://growth.design/
- Samuel Hulick’s User Onboarding: https://www.useronboard.com/
- Parallax tool: https://www.getparallax.com/
For more information about the podcast, check out https://www.smalleffortspod.com/.