ADHD and founder salaries
In this episode, Andrew and Sean talk about living with ADHD and compensation as a CEO.
(0:22) Sean was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and that’s OK
(5:58) I’m not undisciplined, mom—I’m just wired differently
(10:16) Wages as a CEO: How much should you compensate yourself?
(20:21) Stocks are steady, but business is more rewarding
(26:53) Sometimes, it’s the stupid risks that pay off (so go sponsor that esports team)
(30:36) Personal note: Rest in peace, Mike Murray
Thanks for listening to Small Efforts, a podcast collaboration between Krit and Miscreants. Shoutout to the Hatch Team and Mary Vuong for producing and editing.
- Andrew’s Twitter: @AndrewAskins
- Krit: https://www.krit.com/
- Miscreants: https://www.miscreants.co/
- Sean’s Twitter: @seanqsun
- Hatch Team: https://www.hatch.team/
- Atonic Habits: https://jamesclear.com/atomic-habits
- Bureau of Digital 2022 Salary Guide: https://bureauofdigital.com/2022-salary-guide
- Mike Murray: @mmurray
- Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD: https://www.amazon.com/Organizing-Solutions-People-Revised-Updated/dp/1592335128
- Pilot’s 2021 Founder Salary Report: https://pilot.com/blog/2021-pilot-founder-salary-report
For more information about the podcast, check out https://www.smalleffortspod.com/.